As a Surveying Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking all works associated with and
including the surveying and planning of optimal fibre optic (FTTP/FTTH) routes for the client.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
• Attending sites to determine the best installation route for fibre optic network lines.
• Understanding and surveying existing fibre optic network infrastructure including ducts
and potentials for upgrades.
• Interpreting telecom design blueprints and construction maps.
• Completing survey documentation job packs: ISP pathways, drawings, address listings, bill
of materials, confirmation pictures, construction plans and project timescales.
• Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful
• Meeting with clients to resolve any issues preventing the project receiving approval to
• Identifying customer networks and reviewing proposed methods of construction to
ensure that all requirements are compliant.
• Completing all necessary steps to ensure that wayleaves, permits, re-routes, timescales
and agreements are obtained correctly.
• Identifying civils works for FTTP where required.
• Competently utilising various design software packages such as Gridworx Internal Box to
Box Surveying Management System, Openreach Orion System, GIS, Visio, CAD, Power
Point to create professional job packs.
• Manage a program of works to deliver client targets and expectations.
• Conduct Onsite Safety Audits/Risk Assessments.
• Conduct Quality Checks.
• Each completed estimate must be quality checked before returning as complete.
• Work with Project Manager and Co-Ordinator to build a program of works.
• Set a good example to all employees.
• Ensure compliance with all company-controlled documents, including all method
statements and procedures.
• Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the department.
• Liaison with third parties working in conjunction with the group to meet client’s needs.
• Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field.
• Working and ensuring that you are working with in the Health and Safety requirements as
per company policy.